Bacon and Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops
One-Pan Smothered beef Chops with creamy mushroom, publisher 1st baron verulam and sparkling thyme sauce. Use boneless red meat loin chops. everything is cooked in one large skillet. easy recipe. minimal cleanup. Low carb, excessive fats, KETO pleasant, gluten free recipe.
- 6 strips bacon , uncooked
- 2 lb pork loin chops , boneless (3 or 4 pork chops, depending on size)
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme , just leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour (use gluten free flour for gluten free version, omit flour to make it KETO friendly)
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chop bacon into smaller bites. In a large skillet, cook on medium heat until the bacon is cooked. Remove bacon from the pan to a plate, leaving the fat in.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same pan, on high-medium heat, cook pork chops 4 minutes on each side in bacon fat, until nicely seared. Reduce heat to medium midway through cooking. Remove the pork chops to a plate from the pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms and minced garlic to the same pan. If needed, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring, until mushrooms soften and release juices. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour all over the mushrooms, and stir the flour in on medium heat.
- Add chicken broth and raise the heat to bring to boil, constantly stirring. You should have a smooth slurry from the flour and the chicken broth. Add heavy cream and stir it in while boiling until everything is smooth. Then reduce heat to low.
- Add back the pork chops and the bacon. Cook on low heat, covered, until the pork chops are cooked through.
- To serve, top pork chops with mushroom and bacon mixture and with more fresh thyme leaves.
Based On The Recipe From: https://juliasalbum.com/bacon-and-mushroom-smothered-pork-chops/