Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken
This one pan lemon garlic hen recipe is simple to make and ready very quickly! A brief and wholesome weeknight hen recipe that tastes incredible over rice or pasta.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or whatever cut of chicken you have on hand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3–5 sprigs fresh thyme (3 large sprigs or 5 small sprigs)
- 1 large lemon
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe pan (I like to use a wide, deep skillet) over medium heat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken thighs in the hot pan and sear for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove chicken to a plate and set aside, then return pan to stove over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and saute until onion is translucent and has started to caramelize, about 4 minutes. If pan is looking a little dry, add another drizzle of olive oil to help the onion cook.
- Pull leaves off of thyme sprigs and add leaves to the onions, then season with salt and pepper.
- Juice the lemon, removing any seeds, and add to the onion mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken stock and spinach to onions and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a simmer, then return seared chicken thighs to pan and spoon some of the broth over the top of them to help them stay moist.
- Place pan in 400 degree oven, uncovered, and cook 15-20 minutes more until chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Based On The Recipe From: https://www.lifeasastrawberry.com/easy-lemon-garlic-chicken/