Low Carb Chicken Soup for Keto Diets
A scrumptious homemade chicken soup recipe from scratch. This low carb hen soup is loaded with veggies and chook. it's ready in half-hour.
- 16 oz cooked chicken, diced (I used rotisserie)
- 6 cups bone broth or unsalted chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter, avocado oil, or olive oil
- 8 ounces celery root, cubed (1/2 a large celeriac)
- 1 cup celery, sliced (2-3 stalks)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (2 ounces or 1/2 a small onion)
- 1/3 cup carrot, roll cut (3 ounces or 1 medium carrot)
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 tbsp garlic herb seasoning blend
- 2 tsp chicken base (paste, granulated, or bouillon)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or 2 tsp lemon juice mixed with water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the chicken. Peel and cut the vegetables.
- Place a 4 quart lidded pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the butter (or oil) and all of the vegetables, lemon zest, and bay leaf. Stir to coat the ingredients.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic herb seasoning blend, the chicken base and wine (or lemon-water combination). Stir and cover the pot to sweat the vegetables until they soften but do not brown - about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to just under a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are cooked through. Pierce a vegetable of each kind with a fork to check. If the fork goes through easily, it's tender.
- Add the chicken and salt and pepper to taste. I add lots of pepper because it makes the soup more savory.
- Serves 6 at approximately 1 1/2 cups per serving.
Based On The Recipe From: https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-chicken-soup/