Avocado, Egg and Spinach Sweet Potato Toasts
get your day started with avocado, egg and spinach candy potato toasts! this wholesome, gluten-free breakfast recipe packs a healthy punch of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
if loving avocado, egg and spinach candy potato toasts is incorrect, i don’t need to be proper. this a laugh and easy gluten-unfastened breakfast concept that’s filled with protein, vitamins, and minerals has turn out to be a breakfast staple at my residence recently!
i know, i know – it appears definitely nuts, however this wholesome change for bread is so proper and fun. sliced candy potatoes cooked in a toaster – sure, a toaster! – for 2-three rounds renders a soft and slightly caramelized piece of “toast” that’s suitable for topping with all your favored breakfast chocolates like mashed avocado, garlicky sauteed spinach, and drippy eggs. it’s exquisite.
satisfactory of all, you don’t need any unique gadget to make candy potato toasts (besides a toaster!) genuinely slice a small/medium-sized sweet potato into 1/4″ thick slices the usage of a completely sharp knife. i find i want a mandoline to make 1/eight″ slices of anything however the slightly larger 1/four″ width is completely possible with a knife. toast it up then get to topping.
- 1 small sweet potato, cut lengthwise into 1/4" slices
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 giant handful baby spinach
- evoo, garlic salt, seasonings
- Add a sweet potato slice to each toaster slot then toast on high for the longest duration offered by your toaster. Flip and rotate the sweet potato slices then toast again on high and for the longest duration. If the sweet potato slices aren't tender by this point, flip and rotate once more then toast a third time (might only need half the duration as previous rounds.) Top toasted sweet potato slices with avocado mashed with a little garlic salt then set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a small skillet over medium-high heat then add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add baby spinach then season with garlic salt and saute until tender. Place on top of mashed avocado.
- Turn heat down to medium then cook eggs to your liking - sunny side up, fried, scrambled, etc - seasoning with the seasoning of your choice (I used steak seasoning but garlic salt and pepper is just fine!) Place eggs on top of spinach then serve.
Based On The Recipe From : https://iowagirleats.com/2017/08/09/avocado-egg-spinach-sweet-potato-toasts/