BALSAMIC VEGGIE PASTA
This clean balsamic veggie pasta recipe is overflowing with fresh greens, and sautéed in a delicious balsamic sauce.
one in every of my favourite matters about coming domestic after a protracted vacation is continually that first massive ride back to the grocery shop. oh my goodness, it always feels so good. i imply — don’t get me incorrect — i absorb each single gorgeous meal on a holiday that i don’t ought to cook dinner, and completely geek out over discovering and trying out new eating places and meals when touring. but man, it constantly feels so proper to come home to a blank slate of an empty refrigerator, after which head out to the store looking for all of the familiar meals i’ve ignored and were yearning.
apparently, for me, that nearly usually ends up being a whole purchasing basket full of sparkling veggies. like, a ridiculous amount of fresh veggies. like, had-to-switch-from-a-basket-to-a-cart-because-my-mountain-of-veggies-became-freaking-out-of-manage at dealer joe’s this week.
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta (I used penne)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces (with ends trimmed off and discarded)
- 1 small head of broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly-sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large stock pot of generously-salted boiling water al dente according to package instructions. Then drain the pasta, and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, as the pasta water is heating and the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the red onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the asparagus, broccoli, and red bell pepper, and season the mixture with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Continue sautéing for 4-5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. (Adding in another tablespoon of oil if needed.) Stir in the garlic and continue sautéing for 1-2 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Once the veggies and pasta have all finished cooking, return the stockpot to the stove over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, cooked pasta, veggie mixture, balsamic vinegar, lots of freshly-cracked black pepper, and toss to combine. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, so that the pasta is very lightly toasted. Taste, and add extra balsamic vinegar and black pepper if needed.
- Remove from heat and sere warm, garnished with lots of Parmesan cheese.
Based On The Recipe From : https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/easy-balsamic-veggie-pasta/