Blueberry Upside Down Cake
make this easy blueberry cake with sparkling summer season berries! this blueberry dessert is brief to make and is included with caramelized blueberries. the blueberries prepare dinner inside the backside of the cake pan and then the cake is flipped over for a wet cake covered in a thick topping of scrumptious blueberries.
blueberries are in all likelihood my favorite summer season fruit. all my children like them too, so we've got them frequently inside the summer time. regularly we just serve them through themselves as a facet dish with dinner, but every so often i like to use them for a special dessert, like this blueberry cake.
this cake is considered one of my favorite that i've ever made, due to the fact the blueberries are caramelized and soak into to the cake, that's moist and delicious. i used quite a few blueberries on this cake, essentially masking the whole backside of the cake pan with berries so there has been a thick layer of fruit on pinnacle when it turned into finished.
this cake become very wealthy and filling, and i can actually be making it once more soon! i modified this recipe from a cranberry upside down cake recipe from cooking light. i assume it might paintings well with nearly any fruit, as long as you alter the sugar up or down depending on how sweet the fruit is!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To make the topping heat the brown sugar and 2 T. of butter in a small saucepan. Cook until the butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Spray a 9" cake pan with cooking spray, and then pour the sugar and butter mixture into the pan to coat the bottom.
- Add the blueberries in a single layer on top of the sugar and butter mixture.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat the egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Pour the egg whites out and set aside for later.
- Then cream the sugar and 1/2 c. butter until well blended. Add the egg yolks and beat well, and then mix in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour with the baking powder and salt and mix.
- Add the flour alternately to the batter with the milk.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Pour into the cake pan and spread evenly. The batter will be very thick, much thicker than a regular cake batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the center is cooked.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then flip the cake upside down onto a serving platter, but leave the cake pan on top of the cake for another 5-10 minutes to let the blueberries soak in.
Based On The Recipe From : https://www.upstateramblings.com/blueberry-upside-down-cake/