Creamy Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Creamy sausage and pasta soup may be a bowl filled with comfort! It’s loaded with veggies, sausage and cheese tortellini- and it comes along in mere forty five minutes!
I love soup, however I actually have to be honest, my youngsters hate it. For those of you who area unit new here, my youngsters aren’t meticulous eaters, in fact, they’re quite the other. There’s simply one thing concerning soup that absolutely weirds them out, aside from in fact, chili, chicken & noodles, and this creamy sausage and pasta soup.
This direction is super straightforward and it comes along in forty five minutes. You most likely have 1/2 the ingredients reachable, and also the others area unit very easy to search out. It tastes wonderful the day it’s created, and delicious the day once. Did I mention it needs just one pot?! OH yeah!
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 14 oz. refrigerated cheese tortellini*
- 1 tsp. kosher sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 c. half & half (or heavy cream)
- In a large stockpot set over medium-high, cook the sausage until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked sausage to a paper towel lined plate; set aside.
- Add onion, shallot and carrot, sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally to prevent it from burning.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add in the chicken broth, whisk to combine. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 6 minutes.
- Pat as much grease as possible off of the sausage, then add it along with the tortellini, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, spinach, and half & half. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the tortellini is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan, if desired.
Source : https://lifemadesimplebakes.com/creamy-sausage-and-tortellini-soup/?utm_content=buffer435b7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer