Chicken Thighs with Creamy Bacon Mushroom Thyme Sauce
Chicken Thighs with Creamy Bacon Mushroom Thyme Sauce – this can be one in every of the most effective chicken thigh recipes I ever created. Easy, delicious, and ideal for bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs! this can be keto friendly, high-fat, low-carb, protein free chicken direction.
Chicken thighs square measure baked to a T then complemented with flavorsome creamy mushroom and bacon sauce with voluminous contemporary thyme. Pure nutrient – chicken meat is usually delicious in an exceedingly creamy sauce!
WHAT MAKES THIS CHICKEN RECIPE KETO FRIENDLY
- This meal contains high quantity of fat from serious creamy, chicken thighs, and bacon. Of these ingredients have high fat, low sugar content.
- Mushrooms square measure very low-carb and a good thanks to add flavor to keto direction.
- This direction contains foods that square measure high in macromolecule however low in carb, like chicken thighs.
Fresh thyme is vital during this direction. I used concerning five sprigs of snipped contemporary thyme, and additionally some of sprigs a lot of for garnish, on prime of chicken thighs and mushrooms.
- Chicken thighs
- 4 chicken thighs , skin-on, bone-in
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning dried thyme, oregano
- salt and pepper
Mushroom sauce :
- 6 oz white mushrooms
- 5 slices bacon cooked, chopped
1 cup heavy 1/8 teaspoon salt
5 sprigs fresh thymecream
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Season both sides of chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper and Italian herb seasoning mix (usually a combination of dried thyme, oregano and other herbs). Heat vegetable oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken thighs skin-side down. Cook for about 5 minutes, on the skin side until nicely browned.
- Transfer chicken thighs, skin side up, to the foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until chicken thighs are completely cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- In the mean time, make the mushrooms sauce:
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms (without salting - to ensure the mushrooms get caramelized) and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes flipping once.
- Add chopped cooked bacon to the skillet.
- Add heavy creamy, 1/8 teaspoon salt and snipped fresh thyme, bring to boil, stir, immediately reduce to simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes on very low heat for flavors to blend and sauce to reduce a bit. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- When chicken is done baking and chicken thighs are completely cooked through, add cooked chicken thighs to the skillet and spoon the sauce and the mushrooms on top of chicken thighs.