Favorite Blueberry Waffles
These downlike blueberry waffles area unit close to become everyone’s favorite! flat-topped with a fast blueberry sauce, they’re brunch perfection on a plate.
‘That was the simplest waffle I’ve ever ingested. I’m not even jocose.” This can be a true quote from my sister, Lisa. Our direction was galvanized by a 5-pound bag of blueberries we have a tendency to brought back from a bit Michigan U choose farm known as Dee’s, presumably one amongst the steals of the century. (Do you recognize what proportion five pounds of blueberries is? loads.) One amongst our favourite ways that to make recipes is to be galvanized by AN ingredient we've in our room. And searching at that big bowl of blueberries, Alex aforesaid “blueberry waffles.” And that I aforesaid “blueberry sauce.” Keep reading for each recipes!
Making blueberry waffles is generally rather like the other waffles direction. However in contrast to with pancakes, you add blueberries on to the waffle batter. (With blueberry pancakes you are doing not, I repeat don't, add them to the batter. Trust me.) What results here may be a gently sweet waffle with nuanced, tart bursts of blueberries.
To set them over the highest, we have a tendency to extremely suggest the fast blueberry sauce. Stewing blueberries with syrup makes a purple, thick glaze that tastes like one million blueberries in one bite. prime that on these blueberry waffles, with a bit downlike topping, and well, there’s not extremely something additional supernatural. ‘That was the simplest waffle I’ve ever ingested. I’m not even jocose.” We have a tendency to all in agreement to it.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (substitute coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 1 1/4 cups milk (substitute non-dairy milk for dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 recipe Quick Blueberry Sauce, for serving
- Greek yogurt, Homemade Whipped Cream or Yogurt Whipped Cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the waffle iron to the high heat setting.
- In a medium bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and kosher salt until thoroughly combined. In another bowl, whisk the egg. Then stir in the melted butter, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined. Stir in the blueberries.
- Immediately, add the batter into the center of the waffle iron and let it spread it to within 1/2-inch of the sides, then cook according to the waffle iron’s instructions. Remove the cooked waffles and place them on a baking sheet without stacking. Make the waffles to order, or place cooked waffles in a 300°F oven to keep warm. Serve with Quick Blueberry Sauce. (As a note, these blueberry waffles stick to the waffle iron a bit more than a standard waffle, so make sure to clean it afterwards.)
- Cooked waffles can be frozen; place them in a plastic bag and remove the remaining air with a straw before sealing. To reheat, remove from the freezer and lightly toast in a toaster.
Source : https://www.acouplecooks.com/favorite-blueberry-waffles/?utm_source=bloglovin.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ACoupleCooks+(A+Couple+Cooks)