Seafood Stuffed Potatoes
When I was regarding nine, there was this native food building my family and that I would frequent. Don’t worry. You recognize I’m not a typical blogger therefore this lil story are transient. Anyway, the building was referred to as American state Gold. There has ne'er been a additional fitly named institution. This place was so golden! The forever had the freshest, American state food. They created home vogue burgers, po boys, and absolutely seasoned poached food. But, they were most magnificently illustrious for his or her food stuffed potatoes. And boy were they over stuffed! Every potato was flowing with shrimp, crawfish, which spicy white sauce. Man! American state Gold sadly closed a few years past. I miss that place. I miss it most i made a decision to recreate my version of that masterpiece. Here’s my food Stuffed Potatoes instruction.
You have to possess some huge, healthy baking potatoes. They aren’t sold-out in five or ten avoirdupois unit baggage. Most grocery stores have them shelved one by one and sell them by the pound. If not, simply ensure you get the most important, russet potatoes offered.
You have 2 choices. you'll bake these guys within the kitchen appliance for nearly associate degree hour. Or, you'll do what I do. Throw them within the microwave! Microwaves vary, therefore rummage around for the potato setting on yours.
Clean the potatoes well. These items grow within the dirt, so that they may be pretty dirty. Whether or not preparation within the typical kitchen appliance or the microwave, you’ll still have to be compelled to poke tiny holes into the potatoes for emanation. This can stop associate degree explosion. It'll facilitate the potatoes steam higher and cook additional equally.
- 4 baking size Russet potatoes
- 1 lb crawfish tails drained of fat
- 1 lb of raw shrimp
- 2 cups shredded American cheese Velveeta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 T flour
- 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 2 T cajun seasoning
- 2 T liquid crab boil
- 2 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- chives or green onions
- Wash, scrub, and dry the potatoes well.
- Poke small holes all over the potatoes using a fork to vent.
- Now, you can either wrap them in foil and bake them on 400 F for 40-50 mins. Or you can wrap them individually in paper towels and microwave them one at a time using the “potato” setting on your microwave. *
- When the potatoes are done, carefully cut a split down the middle of a potato. Do NOT cut through the other (or under) side of the potato’s skin.
- Scoop the insides of the potatoes out and place it into a bowl; reserve the potato skins and keep them intact.
- Add in the cream cheese, chives, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
Seafood & Sauce :
- Add the shrimp and crawfish into a bowl
- Season the shrimp with 1 TBS of Cajun seasoning, 1 TBS onion powder and 1 TBS liquid crab boil.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 TBS of butter and add in the garlic
- Sauté the garlic for 30 secs.
- Add in the shrimp and crawfish and sauté until the shrimp are cooked; about 4-5 mins.
- Remove and set aside
- Pour the liquid left in the pot into a cup and reserve
- In the same pot, melt the remaining butter.
- When the butter melts, whisk in the flour
- Mix until the flour is no longer visible; about 1 min
- Pour in the reserved seafood liquid
- Pour in the half and half while whisking.
- Bring it to a low simmer
- Stir in 1 TBS of Cajun seasoning and 1 TBS of onion powder
- When the sauce starts to thicken, stir in all remaining cheeses.
- When the cheese melts, add in the seafood and stir.
- Once the seafood is hot turn off the heat.
- Spoon the potato mixture evenly onto the reserved potato skins
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on each potato
- Ladle the seafood sauce over the potatoes
- Garnish with chives or green onions